The media revealed its prejudices and bias in the way it reported the tragic shootings in Colorado Springs a week ago and in San Bernardino a few days ago. It is too long overdue for "push back" on the media. An unbiased press is essential for freedom to survive in a democracy.
Americans can celebrate the first major victory against Planned Parenthood and ObamaCare since the GOP took control of Congress.
The vote was more than symbolic. (52-47) The end of taxpayers' forced partnership with Planned Parenthood was sweet. [Of note is that under the Murray-Wyden Amendment (proposed) Democrats suggested rewarding groups like Planned Parenthood despite ongoing investigations into baby parts-for-profit scheme.]
Of special note is that the Senate will have created a powerful precedent in forcing these issues through reconciliation. Congress will have blazed the trail for partially repealing ObamaCare and defunding PP through the budget process--Congratulations!
Even if the President vetoes the bill (which is expected), a huge victory was won for unborn children, their mothers, and for taxpayers. What a job!
Excerpted from Family Research Council, Tony Perkins " Washington Update," "A Not-So-Murray Christmas for Libs," December 4, 2015.
The U. S. Senate for the first time in history passed a bill that defunds Planned Parenthood. The bill also repeals core elements of the so-called Obamacare that compels both employers and individuals to pay for abortion inducing drugs and even surgical abortions.
By Gods' grace, your prayers and support have been instrumental in the nationwide revival in defense of life. The bill is expected to pass in the House of Representatives. The bill is expected to be vetoed by the President. The veto can be nullified with sufficient votes from Congress.
Please join in praising God for His faithfulness as He continues to bless efforts to shine light on the darkness surrounding Planned Parenthood and the inhumane practice of abortion. And please continue to pray for the Alliance Defending Freedom staff and their excellent work along with the pro-life community as we work together to stop this injustice. Excerpted from Alliance Defending Freedom, info@Alliance Defending Freedom.org, December 4, 2015, "BREAKING: Senate Votes to Defund Planned Parenthood."
Highlights of SFLA works in the Northeast-- New York and New Jersey:
1. Students from St. John's University, Fordham University, and Columbia University, as part of the 40 Days for Life Campaign, prayed one Saturday outside a Planned Parenthood facility where many women frequent for abortions.
2. Many new pro-life groups were begun. These include Stony Brook University, SUNY Genesco, Roberts Wesleyan College, Hamilton College, Farmingdale University, Hofstra College, Nassau Community College, and Suffolk Community College!
3. Training sessions were held to provide students with skills to defend life confidently and always in a loving, compassionate way. These schools include: Our Lady of Lourdes High School, University at Buffalo, Canisius College, Stony Brook University, Cardinal Spellman High School, SUNY Genesco, St. Vladimir's Seminary, and The Montfort Academy.
4. St. John's University hosted the 2015 Northeast Leadership Summit in the Fall with over 40 students in attendance!
5. So much credit for helping to educate students and spread the "good word" goes to Keri Landeche for her support, help and encouragement in helping students to know the truth and to ensure a future for a pro-life generation.
"Merry Christmas," Keri Landeche, Northeast Regional Coordinator Students for Life of America, 504-756-6356, email@example.com. December 5, 2015.
First Retreat on Long island--Saturday, December 12, 2015, at the Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Long Island. Open to men and women.
Retreats are led by the Sisters of Life and by women who have experienced both the suffering of abortion and the joy of healing in Christ. The retreats are directed by faithful priests who have a sensitivity and a heart for those who suffer. Sacramental Confession and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass are offered.
For more information or to register, contact:
Sisters of Life 866-575-0075 (toll free) firstname.lastname@example.org or
Theresa Bonapartis 877-586-4621 (toll free) Lumina@postabortionhelp.org
email@example.com, December 3, 2015, Respect Life Office, Diocese of Rockville Centre/